Photo

Photo

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It Doesn't Take A Miracle...

It Desn't Take A Miracle to Make A Brand New Start..." Please watch this touching video...

Destiny is right there smack in the middle, doing her very best. This was the first song they practiced today in Lemonade!, and she did better than I have ever seen her do, right here. (Then she crashed hard but that's ok! - I have this video clip! ;-) Ok, I sobbed through this song today!

Let me give a brief description of Destiny past two days. On Sunday, she attended church with her girlfriend and had a seizure while there. Her neurologist calls this seizure type "obtundation status" - if you know what this means, please clue me in ;-), and apparently I have been grossly underreporting her seizures...for another time...

So, Sunday was a fairly horrible day for the most part.

Yesterday, however, Destiny was clearer than she has been since early September when she caught a cold and this downward spiral began! It was stunning - my heart was/is leaping for joy. Cognitively she seemed to have jumped 5 steps! Her personality was unleashed! This is Stripentol at work, my friends! Yesterday was day FOUR on STP, and this is the affect we all pray for!

She was glowing and full of life, and just a kid! Her genuine smile, eye contact, quick responses...All day long! She began her Reading Eggs curriculum , doing most of it independently, and took a magical bike ride...

She then went to Creative Arts and finished making this fabulous mask, and a very special bracelet for me. We all went to the grocery store last night...and, for once, it was so easy and totally enjoyable! I was wishing the day would never end. We danced in the dark parking lot on the way home!

And then, wouldn't ya know it...last night was a med titration night, so we had to adjust doses :-( ARG! She's been really lethargic and sluggish today (to be expected), EXCEPT for the first 20 minutes of her musical practice. In two more weeks, Desty's medications will hopefully be stable, and yesterday is just a forecast of the happy times to come!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment