Photo

Photo

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Introducing...The Wings for Destiny Auction!

Thank you, friends and thank you God for continual strength and support! I'm scared and lonely only for a moment, and then magic happens...such as this very special auction on behalf of Destiny. My gratitude is immeasurable, truly, at this point, for Emily's goodness to us, and too, for all of the wonderful vendors who don't even know us!

Please check out Bright Eyes Designs and the auction items on Facebook....

Be the first to bid on October 30th, when the Wings for Destiny Auction opens!
From Emily: When I started Bright Eyes Designs, it was a way to get creative, cover the costs of my craftiness which I was just uncovering, and to have some fun with Social Networking. I have enjoyed finding my creative bone and teaching myself how to make new things. Most the time my family tells me that I have bitten off way more than I can chew-and there are days I believe them! At Bright Eyes Designs, I offer something for just about everyone, from handmade goodies for the little ones, to custom quilts, and Weight-loss/Healthy living products! Even if I don't have it, I know where to get it! Now that Bright Eyes Designs has grown, I find joy in doing what I can, when I can to give back. I know that my shop is not the biggest, or the most well known, but I enjoy spreading the word the best I can.
I don't personally know Destiny, or her family. I have no personal experience with Dravet Syndrome or what daily life is like with this condition. What I do know, is that I wanted to help. In whatever small way that I can, I want to help. I have known some of Destiny's 'extended family' almost my entire life. I have laughed, loved, and cried with them. When I was introduced to Destiny's situation via them, I knew I had to do something. Through them, I can get a glimpse of just what this diagnosis meant to them. Through them, I can see that this medication is so very needed. It is my hope that through this auction, we can raise enough money to help alleviate some of the financial burden from this vital medication. It is my hope that through this auction, we are able to further Destiny's reach in helping to raise awareness for this disease, and the medication needed to treat it.

I want to thank each and every one of the vendors who have donated their time, supplies, and finished products to this cause. Each of them are such amazing people. I know each of them and count them among the many blessings in my life. Please, if you have time, visit them and let them know how grateful you are for their kind and generous donations. The list of donations is constantly growing, so please check back often.

I have provided their links with the picture of their items donated in the auction, found at Wings for Destiny Auction.

Again, bidding begins October 30th!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment