Photo

Photo

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Picture's Worth

I am having trouble finding the strength to type anything of real substance yet. I never imagined being in a position that necessitated fighting for this child's life, and in fact, literally saving her life so often.

I don't know when I'll be able to really speak out on here - maybe this site is destined to be many brief thoughts, updates and dedications...only time will tell...

Tonight I found a picture, taken on Mother's Day 2008 of Desty and I on the "Mommy Swing". She was two and a half, and just as cute as can be!


She had had a couple of febrile Tonic Clonics by this time, and it's assumed she had countless infantile spasms, but the doctors assured us not to worry, she'd grow out of everything, and as far her staring, clumsiness and trouble chewing/choking - she was just flakey! - in her own fantasy world. (She is, it's true, but we now know this is how she adapted or compensated, even as a tot!)

Destiny's story is a story of what happens when a child "grows INTO it".

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment